EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Simultaneous and Consecutive Interpretation Skills:
- Microsoft Executive Briefing Center tour – (January 26, 2005), Redmond, WA.
- US. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, Alaska Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Mammal Laboratory: 18th U.S.-RUSSIA Marine Mammal Project Meeting (September 22-26, 2004), Seattle, WA.
- NARUC: Consumer Protection, Low Income and PR Study Tour (December 9-11, 2003), Olympia, WA.
- Microsoft Government Leaders Summit (May 18-20, 2003), Redmond, WA.
- Russian Prime Minister’s visit to Seattle (July 25, 1999); Interpreting for U.S. Senator Slade Gorton, U.S. Senator Patty Murray, Lt.-Gov. of Alaska Fran Ulmer, Seattle, WA.
- International Chamber of Commerce: Arbitration hearings, Seattle, WA.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency: International workshops, Richland, WA.
- Environmental Protection Agency: U.S.- Russian environmental workshops, Seattle, WA.
- Department of Energy: U.S.- Russian conference, Tucson, AZ.
- Intermec: workshops on barcode technologies, Everett, WA.
- Tramco: Boeing 747 airplane maintenance training, Everett, WA.
- Philips Medical Systems: translation, localization, verification of Ultrasound equipment.
- Microsoft: localization of Mobile Windows into Russian
- Crowley Maritime Corporation: Vessel Operations Manual; Operational Excellence Management System; Shipboard Oil Pollution Emergency Plan & Vessel Emergency Response Field Guide
- AMD Personal Internet Communicator localization and testing
- Cisco Systems, Inc.: Cisco Unity System localization and testing (subcontracted by Sinometrics); Cisco IP Phone 7960 localization
- Crowley Marine Services: Orlan Towing Plan documentation for Sakhalin-1 Project
- United Technologies, Pratt & Whitney, Space Propulsion Division: Translation of RD-180 rocket engine specs, op-sheets and other documentation from Russian into English
- Glosten Associates, Inc.: Sakhalin -1 Project documentation
- Microsoft: Office XP interactive demo in Russian; Microsoft Business Advantage web site localization
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA): Pollock research proposals
- Boeing: Sea Launch Program documentation
- AT&T: Network Operations Center documentation
- Port of Tacoma: Terminals and Facilities documentation
- American Seafoods: Materials related to company’s Russian operations
Computer Hardware Skills:
Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and upgrade of PC’s, networks.
Computer Software Skills:
Installation and maintenance of Windows, Mac OX, Linux systems, extensive practical knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Publisher, MS Front Page, Microsoft Project 2000, Autodesk Autocad 2004, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Quick Books, Adobe PhotoShop; HTML editors, WYSIWYG web developments tools, Java scripts; PC and Mac word processing, e-mail, Internet, database, and spreadsheet applications.
Computer Aided Tools (CAT): SDL Trados Studio 2015, Transit Star, Catalyst 8, 10, Lionbridge Translation Workspace, Memsource, etc.
- Director General of Rusloc LLC. – translation and localization, Seattle, USA
- Freelance Russian translator and interpreter, Lake Worth, Florida, 6/90 – current
- Senior Analyst, In-House Translator, Space Propulsion Division, Pratt & Whitney/United Technologies, West Palm Beach, FL, 3/04 – 7/04
- Freelance English translator/interpreter, Moscow, Russia, 6/87 – 6/90
- Senior Translator/Interpreter, Russian Army, 11/70 – 6/87
M.A. Degree, Translation & Interpretation, 1974. Department of Defense, Military Institute of Foreign Languages (Voennyj Institut Inostrannykh Yazykov), Moscow, Russia
CERTIFICATES OF RUSSIAN TRANSLATOR
- Certificate of Washington State Court Interpreter, 12/19/2003
- Certificate of Washington State Social Services Interpreter, 11/7/2000
- Certificate of Washington State Medical Interpreter, 4/6/2000
- ATA Certification, American Translators Association, 01/01/2004
- Certificate of Accreditation, American Translators Association, 10/29/1991
- Diploma, Department of Defense, Institute of Foreign Languages, 6/29/1974
Phonic Ear Easy Listener Portable FM System (6 wireless receivers). Macintosh, Windows, Linux computers, scanners, printers. Superfast Verizon FIOS internet connection.
All current CAT software (no personal preference, client selects what he/she wants). All current and legacy software for Windows, Macintosh and Linux platforms: MS Office; Office for Macintosh, Adobe Acrobat(for both platforms), Frontpage 2000, Microsoft Project 2000, Autodesk Autocad, QXpress, Pagemaker 6.5, 7.0, Photoshop CS5, Illustrator 9.0, 10, CS5, Informed Designer 3.0, etc.
Delivery methods: FTP, a cloud storage provider of your choice (DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.), e-mail, hard copy, fax, USPS,UPS/FedEx, etc.
REFERENCES (available on request)
Clearances: MBI (minimum background investigation) by Department of Home Security/FEMA.